Sunday, November 11, 2007

what the cat dragged in

what the cat dragged in

i guess maeve heard that there'd be a huge discount on cotton ease at the local michael's today. i've never used this yarn but so many indie designers swear by it, i'm glad she brought some home for me!

(seriously, though, i'm done buying yarn until i knit up at least two sweaters from my stash!)

flannel!

i've also had a lovely package from my mom full of adorable patterned flannels! i'm to sew them up into closed-ended tubes and send them back to vermont, where my mom will fill them with dried corn. you put them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and viola! heating pads!

we could use some here, because b and i have been kind of sick this weekend. actually, i've been kinda sick and b's been quite sick. so i thought this would be a good opportunity to throw all of our leftover veggies in a pot before our next organic delivery comes on monday.

soup!

veggie broth, tinned tomatoes, bow-tie pasta, and fresh garlic, string beans, cauliflower, celery, and parsley. oh, and a bit of dried basil (the store was out of fresh). i just winged this one and it turned out very yummy and soothing on our sore throats!

keep warm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed:). LOve you

Anonymous said...

Can I borrow Maeve for about a week? I could use some new yarn myself. Would you mind sharing what company you use for the organic food delivery? Think it's available behind the Orange Curtain?