Sunday, January 25, 2009

things i learned today

1. it is possible to get local heirloom tomatoes at the farmer's market in southern california in january.*

farmer's market


2. cats make great swatch models.

honeycomb


3. there is no such thing as too many episodes of my so-called life in a row, and this fact leads to very productive knitting, even on #4 needles.

honeycomb


4. as much as i hate it, seaming is often a necessary evil and totally worthwhile.

mini cardi



*they smell wonderful; we'll see how they taste. also, ignore the sprouting garlic there. we'll pretend it's a science experiment.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

great progress! I love the yarn you're using for honeycomb, I coveted it when I was visiting you :) mini cardi looks great!!

and you should see the garlic I have on my food shelf at the moment, it is much farther advanced in the sprouting department. ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVELOVEWLOVE the sweater.and am jealous of those tomatoes:)

caednkat said...

My So Called Life?!?!?!?! I'm jealous. I just saw it on Amazon yesterday. lol
Love the sweater too!!

Anonymous said...

I buy heirlooms almost all year round at Vons in the organic department. There are tomato seeds for aerogardens, my target has them on the shelf!

Lovely sweater too :)

Lost In Splendor said...

I love My So-Called Life. My favorite show ever.

Those swatches look beautiful. I really need to learn how to knit.

Last, those tomatoes look divine. I really want some bruschetta now.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, those tomatoes look good - it reminds me that I need to make time to go to the Farmer's Market next week. And I agree that your cat looks quite good as a swatch model! :)

Anonymous said...

The cardigan is great! I'll have to queue that one now...

While my daughter was able to sneak the pirate hat on CJ, somehow I think she'll draw the line on a swatch- though I have gotten goaties to model swatches before.

Julia said...

"How I miss locally grown tomatoes."
she sighed as she looked through the window at her snow-blanketed patio...

Anonymous said...

We've gotten heirlooms in our last two deliveries from Paradise O. I like to make tomato sandwiches with them. Poor Josh barely gets any beacuse I devour them in a couple days.